Tuesday 25 August 2009

Bye Bye Rambo


Again another tragedy has struck in August. This is not shaping up to be a good month for me.

For the past six months I have had the pleasure of owning a lovely Russian Dwarf hamster called Rambo. We adopted him from Pets At Home, he was six months old and had never been homed so we decided to give him a nice home... and a nice home he did have. He had a lovely cage, and then we upgraded to an even bigger one, he loved his wheel and his wooden climbing frame. He was such a little character, he had a huge personality despite being such a little creature.

Anyway, he had been extremely healthy even up to yesterday morning. They when I came home from work last night, I called him and he didn't appear, then I filled his bowl and rattled it (normally a sure fire way to get his attention). He still didn't appear. I found him in his bed, all stiff and not moving, at first I though he was dead, but he was just very ill. So I called the vet for advice and then kept him warm and tried to coax him to drink and eat to no avail. Then his breathing got shallower and he slipped away.

I know he is only a little hamster, but I did love him, he made me happy and kept me company and he will be missed.

He will be buried tonight in with a nice pot plant so that he can come with us when we eventually get our own house.

For those of you that love hamsters as much as me, here is a lovely group of hamster lovers photo's on flicker.

RIP Rambo. x

No comments:

Post a Comment