Monday 21 September 2009

Car Booting & Card Making

Another busy weekend gone and back to work! It seems like half my office have a touch of Mondayitus, there's hardly anyone in!

So this is how my weekend panned out...

I have loads of clothes, shoes and bits that I want to sell so I decided to do a car boot sale to get rid, along with my boyf sister who had few things to sell. We had to get up at 5.00 and we were there by 6.30, then we sat in a huge que for 1 hr starving and tired. Finally the car boot opened at 7.30 and we were all let in and could un-pack and begin selling immediately. I always get a little stressed about this because people try to look at things and hassel you whilst you are getting things sorted.

The car boot was very busy and I sold some shoes within the first few minutes. I made £50 in total, Natalie on the other hand only made £1 so was at a loss with the pitch fee! She is new to the world of car boot and was still in that stubbon stage where she won't move on price! She will learn.


I always find at car boots that it is wise not to look at other peoples stalls as I will always spot something that I want to buy and then spend all the money I have gained. I was being really good and following this rule, but unfortunately the mans stall next to me was full of the most delightful antiques. All morning I had been resisting the temptation to look at a lovely 1950's sewing box that was causing quite a stir, in the end the temptation won when the last lady almost bought it. It was full of buttons, ribbon, cotton, needles, pinking sheers and the box was beautiful and all for £20, the contents would cost more than that alone. I had to buy it.

I think you will agree it is lovely...

(it has legs as well)

So now I have loads of buttons for my card making.

Sunday was spent finishing off a tri fold shutter card which I had started making for my Nan's Bday. I am quite pleased with it.



I also started working on a decoupage for my Boyfriends 30th Birthday card. He is an arable farmer and loves his John Deere tractor, so I have made a tractor the main theme and will work around that. I just found the image on the internet, printed it several times on the card stock and then cut out the pieces, then coloured the layers and stuck them together. Voula!


1 comment:

  1. I so hate getting up early for boot fairs
    ( haven't been to one for years ) and the frenzy when you unpack your stuff ! Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete