Thursday 17 December 2009

Xmas Makes


Well it has been a very long time since I last posted on here, I can't believe it is nearly Christmas. For once though I do feel very prepared. I have almost made all my cards, just have 3 more to make (see below the ones I made yesterday for my parents and family). I have also almost finished my Christmas shopping which I completed mainly online. The few gifts I am yet to get I know what I am getting and I have managed to stay on budget.

I am very pleased with one of my Christmas presents that I know I am getting (because I ordered them) they are off my boyfriend. A brand new set of 36 copic pens for my card making, I cannot wait. Unfortunately they got lost in the post, but they have now been tracked down and are on there way to me, yey!

I am now all moved into our new home and I am loving having our own space. Unfortunately i have been ill for the last week so haven't been able to fully appreciate it, but I am on the mend now and beginging to get things sorted and take in my new home.

I am also on track again at weight watchers, I went to the weigh in and Christmas party last night and I have lost another 1lb, to mak 6.5lb, unfortunately still 0.5lb away from my silver seven, but I have one more weigh in before Christmas and I will get it off then. It is a long slog but I am already feeling the benefits. Being able to cook our food has also helped, lots more veggies and healthy home cooked meals.

I am also really excited at the moment about the prospect of getting a new pet in the New Year. A dog. I have always had dogs when growing up and have hated not always having one around whilst being a student and then lodging in other peoples houses, but now we are able to have a dog and even though I work I am 5 mins away so can go home for lunch and walk him, and will also have time in the mornings at night. It will also help greatly with my weight loss. I am a huge animal lover and dogs are a big passion of mine. I love training them, playing with them and just generally caring for them. I am particularly interested in getting a Goldendoodle, although Phil is currently not sold on the idea, I have however printed off a very cute piccy of a lovely curly goldendoodle to win his heart! It worked with getting a hamster, plus he always gives in to me in the end and I know he will love it when he has one.

Well I hope everyone is enjoying the build up to the festive season. Merry Christmas.


4 comments:

  1. These are great! You should sell them on Etsy or something :-)

    Cute blog lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the card making is going well, it's a wonderful hobby isn't it?

    i have a suprise for you to collects so stop by when you can

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hun, Thanx for your lovely comment about my baby vests, in answer to your question I used Stampin' Up Inks. These are Water Based Die inks I heat set them (Ironed or use heat gun)so they can be washed.

    However, This is more for a unique gift than an item for every day washing. They will go through the washing machine but will begin to fade after a few washes.

    Hope this helps

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph,

    just seen yr comment your suprise is a blog award! so do collect it you deserve it.

    It's lovely that you are getting into card making hope yr not too busy to put up the cards you were making last week

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete