Tuesday 9 February 2010

Ruby Valentine, AKA The Love Dog


Life is very busy at the moment, and is just about to get busier. This Saturday I am finally getting my own dog. I have grown up with dogs and had never been without a canine companion or two until I left home to go to uni. I never moved back home after uni and due to living in with families and friends I have not been able to have one of my own.

Now that me and Phil have a place of our own with lot's of great walks on our doorstep we are taking the plunge. We have decided on a 5 year old Japanese Shiba Inu as I have owned one before and know what to expect. We don't have the time at the moment to commit to a puppy, but an older dog will fit us perfectly. Her name is Ruby and she has been living with a breeder and been showed up until now, they have lot's of dogs that they show, so when they get as far as they can with them in the show world, then they re-home them to a loving family where they can relax and just enjoy being a dog.

We are getting her the day before Valentine's and she is in fact our joint Valentines present, so hence we have named her Ruby Valentine which she is also lovingly referred to as The Love Dog!

I am so excited, I am really looking forward to walking her, I love walking but hate walking on my own, it also gives me a reason to exercise and no excuse can get me out of it, so hopefully it will aide my weight loss. I Hope it will also help me to make new friends around the holiday park and in the area. I can't wait and needless to say I have not yet shut up about it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love her, we have Dita the Akita (similar breed) when she was aprox 7/8 and had her for 3 yrs she is a doll.

    Your awar is very easy to collext just click on the photo click on save as this then saves to your comp then you add it to your blog.

    to do this all you have to do is go to customise, (it's at the top of your blog) then click on add, pick the picture cutomisation then click brows your comp will then bring up photos you pick the one you would like to place (in this case the award, you can do this with ruby too like I have with Dita and my cat hunny,) this is a useful feacher to customise your blog.

    Any problems e-mail me at craftydawn@googlemail.com

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete