Monday 14 September 2009

Busy Weekend


So I have lot's to tell you, it has been a very busy weekend (apology's in advance for a long post, but some piccies included so it breaks it up.)

Firstly Friday was my nan and Grandad who died anniversary, so a little sad. It would also have been his 79th Birthday on Saturday just gone. A little tough for my Nan being so close to the time of his death, but I think she is coping very well considering.

Despite being a little under the weather over the weekend, my boyf was off work and so I dragged him to a stamp fair (stamps for card making not postage stamps!). He was not impressed and even less impressed when he knew he had to pay £3 for each of us to get in and then had to sub me a £10 for spending! Well I got him in and got some great things to add to my kit: Ribbon, peel off foil letters, decoupage sheets etc. It was really nice to see people making their cards and get some ideas. I also spoke to a lovely lady who is a Stampin Up rep. She explained some techiniques to me and we had a good chat. If I had a house of my own I would book a party. She is local and has said that I can email her and ask questions anytime. Very nice.

So when I got home I was feeling quite inspried and began making a card for my cousin's birthday, she is only 9 but loves having a very grown up soak in the bath with candles and luxurious bubble bath, so I thought this decoupage sheet was appropriate.




Then I started trying out stamping techniques, and was inspired to begin a card for my Great Uncles 80th birthday:


Then another one, just for spares:

I also last week made a card from my kit for my Aunty, again adding some of my own embellishments (top picture)

I also had to go and get my eyes tested on Sunday morning, I wear glasses permenantely and it can be a bit of a pain. I was starting to even squint even when I was wearing my glasses, so the appointment was well over due! I picked out to lovely pairs of designer glasses, Red or Dead and Tommy Hillfiger, I always get designer ones as I wear them all the time, they need to look good! Also because I have to have prism in my leneses the optition told be the lenses would be a lot thicker this time so I should think about going for slimmed down lenses. needless to say they cost more money, £160 to be exact! Poor phil had to pay for me again. He is good to me. Probably the thought of walking around with me with really thick rimmed glasses looking like a total geek probably nudged his arm!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

1 comment: