Thursday 10 September 2009

Weighted Thursdays- The begining

To give you an update on my new motivation to loose wait and get fit and healthy....I have now re-joined Weight Watchers. I joined last summer and did almost a year, but I was not fully motivated, not in the right frame of mind, so I didn't lose a lot due to my lack of motivation. I left for a few months, had a break and got my self together.

As I say I have re-joined and am aiming to be considerably lighter and healthier by August next year for my friends wedding which am a bridesmaid at! But one step at a time.

I am going to dedicate Thursdays posts to my progress, as my weigh in is on a Wednesday evening.

I actually found my first week relatively easy. I have learnt from my last stint that I need to keep track of my points rigorously, but at the same time keep it quick and simple as I soon lose interest if I am having to write essays on what I have consumed in a day. Therefore I buy food for lunch for the week, take breakfast to work with me and plan what I am going to eat for the day in the morning. Evening meals are cooked for me so I have little control on what I have and they are not always healthy, so I am sticking to no more than 15 points values for breakfast, lunch and daytime snack so that I have at least 9 points left for the evening meal. I am calculating points on my WW calculator which makes keeping track easy.

I had an ok first week, losing 1.5 lb, a resonable loss. I would rather steadily lose a couple of lb's each week than lose lot's in one week and then put it all back on the next.

I also plan to be more active and use my gym membership, but I am not so keen on the gym, so I am going to do lot's of classes and swimming interspersed with a gym day here and there. I have pilates tonight, which I love.

So far so good.


I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment