Thursday 17 September 2009

Weighted Thursday


So I had my second weigh in since my return to Weight Watchers. I was not optimistic as I had been ill and really had the urge to 'feed my cold' as the saying goes. Also it is my bday next week and so due to Phil's unpredictable hours he is not sure when he would have the weekend off next and I am away at my parents on my actual bday, so he took me out for an early celebration meal. Nothing too fancy just good English food and good conversation. I didn't count points on this occasion, naughty I know, but I knew that they would be a lot and as it was my bday treat I wanted to indulge a little. It was also a lady at works birthday and they had non-low fat cakes in the office, and due to my cold my 'no thank you' mechanism was not working to it's full potential, so I said, 'ooohh yes please' to a piece of some lovely delicious chocolate cake! (naughty me!)

So taking all of that into account I thought that last weeks efforts were a wash out. But I still went to my meeting, and am I glad I did. I lost a lovely 2lb's bringing my total to 3lb so far , I think the pilates class on Tuesday may have helped a little. Only 4 more and I get my silver seven, fingers crossed for a good week this week. I know you may be thinking '2lb, is that all' but I would rather lose slow and steady, than go full steam ahead and and burn out before I have barely begun.


So I am now going to set some goals:


In total I would like to loose 5 1/2 stone to get me in my healthy weight and BMI for my height. The date that I'm aiming for is the end of June 2010, as I would love to go on a nice summer holiday and wear a bekini, I would like to feel great in flowing sun dresses and little shorts.
Goals: Short term
  • Get to 7lb and earn my silver seven
  • Reach my 10% goal of 11lb by Christmas
Long term
  • Loose at least 4 stone by end of June 2010
  • Wear a bikini on holiday in 2010
Ultimate goal
  • Loose 5 1/2 stone and maintain for the rest of my life (apart from when I have children) within 5lb either side
Although it sounds a lot and I have a long road ahead of me, taking baby steps helps, so I think of it as being 2lb per week, doesn't sound so bad when you think of it like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment