Wednesday 2 September 2009

Welcome Cocoa


If you are a existing reader of my blog, then you will know that my hamster, Rambo died last week. I am still very upset to have lost him.

On Monday my boyf was off work for the day, so we spent the day looking around the shops. We had a little look in our local pet shop just to see what hamsters they have, but I said that I wasn't ready to get one yet.

We had a lovely pub lunch, whilst batteling off some very peskie wasps, and then retreated inside to eat a lovely choc sunday. Over ice cream my boyf offered to get me a hamster today if I wanted, there was a lovely brown syrian hamster that had caught my eye. I got a little upset and said I didn't know if I wanted to yet, but I did like the one I had seen and she might be sold if I wait.

So we discussed and decided that we would go and see if she is still there and if she was then we would get her. She was still there, still sleeping like when we saw her in the morning. We bought her, along with a house for her to bed down in, some more food and a treat of meal worms, that the lady in the pet shop said they love them. Much to phils disgust, he is not big on creepy crawly's! Looks like she will only get them when I feed her!

We bought her home, setteled her in. She was loving exploring the cage and went on the wheel for the first time. She is only 8 weeks old so everything is new to her. I can't get over how beautiful she is, her fur is so soft, she is a lot bigger then Rambo because he was a dwarf hamster. To me she looks like a mini bear!

I feel a little guilty about having her so soon. I still miss Rambo, but I think I will love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment